Borrisokane is situated between the town of Nenagh in Co. Tipperary and the town of Portumna in Co. Galway on the N52 road. It is also close to the town of Birr in Co. Offaly. The Ballyfinboy River flows through the town on its way to Lough Derg which is only 12 km to the west of Borrisokane.
Some of the highlights of Borrisokane, Co. Tipperary include an excellent town park, a recent addition to the town and an excellent amenity for locals and visitors.
In 1930, the David Clarke Memorial Hall was opened in Borrisokane, dedicated to the memory of the town's then most prominent Landlord, David Clarke. Refurbished in 2011, the hall is still used today for the staging of musical and theatrical productions and is also the location of the town’s cineclub.
There are three churches in Borrisokane, a Methodist Church built in 1867, the Church of Ireland church built in 1812 and the old Roman Catholic Church of 1832. This is now known as the Old Church Centre on Mill Street and provides tourist information for Borrisokane and surrounding areas in Co. Tipperary. It is also used as an exhibition space.
The wide main street dates back to the 17th Century and in Borrisokane there is a great sense of space and openness about the town. The main street is host to a number of shops, bars and local businesses.
The Devil’s Bit Mountain is very close to the town of Borrisokane and is excellent option for those looking to go walking or hiking in Tipperary. It is a National Looped walk and offers magnificent views of Tipperary and surrounding counties as well as Lough Derg and the River Shannon.
To learn more about Borrisokane, Co Tipperary visit www.borrisokane.com.