The village of Loughmore, Tipperary is located 5.5km’s from the town of Templemore and is best known for its castle, construction of which commenced in 1328 and now under the care of the Office of Public Works.
The parish of Loughmore is located in the region known as the Golden Vale, one of the richest agricultural areas in Europe. Dairy farming and cattle raising are the principal occupations.
Tourist attractions in the village include Loughmore castle, Loughmore Mill and a mausoleum in Loughmore Churchyard in memory of the McCormack Brothers who were wrongly hanged in Nenagh Jail in 1858 and were re-interred in Loughmore in 1910.
Loughmore Comhaltas founded in 1970 is very popular with locals from the village and regularly organises music, dance and singing classes.
A monthly Irish music and song gathering takes place in Nolans on Sunday evenings in neighbouring parish Castleiney between 6pm and 8.30pm.
Loughmore Community Shop and Tearooms are a recent addition to the village.